Any concern Jaxson had over getting a sister instead of a brother was gone once he saw her. He wanted to hold her and was very gentle and loving. Now that he's a little older than he was when Sydnee was born, I'm sure he'll be a great helper and big brother. Can't wait to see him sticking up for all his sisters in the future!
We had the older kids go ahead and go to school so I could settle in at the hospital. Sam, along with mom and dad, brought them all up after they go home on the bus. They were very excited, and wanted to spend a lot of time at the hospital. Shaye is going to be, and has already been, such a good helper. I'm going to try not to be so worried this time and let her be more involved. She has enjoyed holding Paige and is always smothering her in kisses!
Mom and dad brought Sydnee up in the afternoon a few hours after delivery. She walked right in and stopped and stood and stared when she saw the baby. She was fascinated! It was so cute to watch her meet her little sister. She wanted to hold her and still says "lap! lap!" when she wants her. We hold Paige over Sydnee's lap and she feels like she has her for a while. So far Sydnee has been soft and loving to her. She gives her nice kisses and covers her with her blanket. Before she left the hospital she was saying "my baby, my baby" whenever anyone else had Paige.
I delivered on Friday, so mom and dad came up Thursday afternoon to stay with the kids while we went in. It was so nice to have them here. I know Sam really appreciated the help with the three big kids, and I always love having mom take care of me again! :) It was priceless having them around the few days after I got home, and we wished they could have stayed longer. They played with the kids, made dinner, and kept the house up. Things I would have never been able to do. I didn't know how I was going to be able to do it when they left, but Sam worked short days and we made it through that first week.

No comments:
Post a Comment