Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike


Well, unless you have been hiding under a rock the last week you know Hurricane Ike is heading straight for the Texas Coast. Many of you also know that is where our parents live. They are directly in the path. (my parents house in no more than 5 miles from the beach.) My parents have evacuated to Austin, and now we are just hoping their house doesn't get completely flooded. My mom is especially worried about the BRAND NEW wood floors she just had put in this last week. Sam's mother and grandma have also gone to Austin, but his dad has decided to stay behind. The biggest concern is the 20 foot surge they are expecting to wash up. We just hope and pray our families don't lose everything in the water. I will keep you updated!

1 comment:

Alayna said...

Oh no , that is so scary! We will make sure to keep them in our prayers! As for the book I can not remember the website, I'll have to ask my friends who has had them made what it is again, I'll make sure I get back to you soon!