Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Original Mud Run

The Original Mud Run comes to Houston twice a year, Spring and Fall. The race benefits MS research. We ran it on October 8th, and hopefully we'll get to do it again! It was so much fun!! It's a 10k race filled with obstacles, 21 I believe, that vary from climbing cargo ropes, to jumping off walls into mud pits, to balancing on tightropes over water. There was even one called "over and under" where we had to go completely under the mud. It was crazy fun, but I couldn't see a thing when I came out. It took several minutes to clear my eyes since we had nothing to wipe off with. My least favorite was probably the big cargo net we had to climb up. It wasn't as bad as it looked, but with some many people climbing it the rope would swing and sway. When I got to the top, which was probably 20 feet up, I had to throw my leg over to come down the other side, and thought for sure I was going down head first!
Husbands couldn't come since the kids had activities to get to, and I wish we had pictures of the obstacles. I ran it with two great friends - Nora and Brooke. It's not often us adults get to jump in the mud and play! I loved it.






1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love the before and after outfits! That looks like a lot of fun!