Thursday, May 6, 2010

Not Just a Myth

So far Paige has been a pretty good baby. Just typical newborn stuff... she hates changing her diaper and getting a bath, she eats every hour and a half, and she only sleeps 4 hours at night. The most difficult part is naptime. She won't take her naps in her bed, and unlike my other kids, she doesn't fall asleep in the swing. She mainly wants to be held once she gets tired. Unfortunately, with Sydnee home all day, and a house to keep clean while its on the market, I can't hold her every hour for a nap. She sleeps really well any time she is in the car seat, so today I put her in the seat and was going to carry it until she fell asleep. Then I realized I was doing the laundry anyways, and everybody always says put them on the dryer and the hum will put them to sleep, so I figured... why not!? I strapped her in, and set the seat up on my dryer. She was quiet a few minutes, and then off to sleep she went! When an extra pair of hands would be a lifesaver, this is second best! I just may be doing a lot more laundry from now on!

4 comments:

Jensen Family said...

I am so glad you were able to find something to help her sleep! It is really hard to get things done when you have to hold a little one...Tag has days where he just wants me to hold him and while I love it, I definitely do not get anything done! Best of luck with the house!

Melinda H. said...

That's a great idea! We have always used box fans for our kids. They like the noise and stay asleep through anything.

Bybee's said...

that's awesome! she is so precious! good luck with your move

Andrea Lee said...

Interesting. I wish I would have tried that with Caiden. He was such a stinker for his first 8 months! Oh well, i got through it, but I will try it first thing with the next baby.