Finally, I am out of my cave and back into the real world starting today. Thank goodness there are no more books in the series. I have lost 3 pounds in the last week, and piles of junk have found their way ALL over my house. I couldn't think of anything else. But, I am done with book 4, finished with the Twilight series. Since I know some friends and family who check this blog haven't read the books yet, I will not share any exact details, but stop reading now if you don't want any outside opinions to influence yours!
Obviously I loved them, I read them all in 5 days. But I was absolutely crazy about books 1-3, mainly 1 and 3. Book 4 had a few things that I thought were silly, and a few things that really drove me nuts. In the first half, I started to get tired of Bella always being the martyr, and Jacob really started to bug! I think my main problem was that it didn't have enough about Edward! :)
I was totally taken into their world, I thought Stephenie Meyer did a great job writing the books in a way I could get totally absorbed in them. I loved the descriptions and the juvenlie, simple plots of the first 3 books. I'm glad I read them before the movie comes out, because as always, I'm sure the movie won't be half as good as the book. I usually don't read books more than once, its hard to hold my attention when I know what's going to happen, but I can see myself reading these again, or at least large parts of them.
So all in all, yes it is silly.... of course, its a vampire story, but its also very good! I have talked to a few people who didn't like them, but I am joining the masses of people who can say they loved these books!
Typical Saudi Restaurant
3 years ago

4 comments:
I am so excited that you finished them! You feel like you can get on with your life now, hu? I read another book by a different author about a week after I finished the Twilight series and it was hard to get into this book just because how do you go from reading the best series to something else (in my opinion). Now we just have to wait for the movie!
Me again! After writing this comment I got back on my blog and noticed that you wrote a comment about the quiz. Way too funny we were writing comments about the book at the same time.
I was going to tell you after I read your last post that maybe you'd be like me and you would be irritated enough with the characters in the 4th book that you wouldn't mind saying goodbye. It sounds like you liked the 4th one better than me though, it really left a bad taste in my mouth about the whole series just because I really did not like it (for a lot of the same reasons as you). I was so very disappointed. It took me less than 3 days each to read the first 3 and over 3 weeks to read the 4th! Hopefully the movie is good.
I just had to laugh! All of my friends have been the same way, but I have yet to read them! You are tempting me a little more though...I would love to lose 3 pounds:)
Post a Comment