Every Labor Day a group of friends from our ward here in Katy go tubing on the Comal River in New Braunfels. We missed it last year because we were still getting moved in, and I have been looking forward to it ever since. I love to float the river! Mainly, I love to swim when the water is fresh, cool, and clean. We didn't get that growing up in Lake Jackson, so going to New Braunfels was always a treat. I was able to snap a few pictures of friends getting ready to head down river before I had to stow my camera away and jump in!
The float was great! My cousin, Shannon, who lives in Austin came and I had a lot of fun visiting with her and our other friends. It was a gorgeous day and the kids had a great time, big hit all around. Until.... we got dropped off at the Texas Tubes parking lot when we were done and this is what we saw.
Actually, we were walking in from the left of this picture and we couldn't even see our cars at all. It took us a minute to figure out why the bushes had appeared in the parking lot. Then we realized our cars were UNDER all that mess. Shannon's van, our car, then our friend's van, all under the tree. And the top of the tree scratched and dented another friend's car right next to us, so 4 cars in all.
As you can see, it was a big tree, and there was a lot of damage. But, cars can be fixed, their insurance is covering it, and in the end it'll be fine. We are just grateful that none of us were there, nobody got hurt, and that the tree didn't fall in the river and hurt people floating by. It really was a blessing for everyone around.


3 comments:
WOW!!!!!!! Why did they determine that the tree fell? It looks like it has no roots. It really is a good thing that nobody was around, or that you guys weren't packing up your cars to leave. What a blessing!
You have better pictures then me! I must steal them. But I am in for next year....I am the fun parent now ya know.
We really need to visit, I want to float that river! That nasty tree i could only imagine how bad your heart would sink to see that! I am so glad no one was around!
Post a Comment