Before we left for Hawaii my sister said when we rented a car we should for sure get a convertible. We took her suggestion, and it was well worth it. This was definitely the way to go. It was so fun!! We could see things a lot easier as we traveled around the island, and it made the drive part of the excitement. With the gorgeous weather, it was well worth the little extra to get it.
I love this! When Sam went to rent the car, I laid on the beach and read a book. At some point I looked up and noticed there was a rainbow just in the middle of the sky. This was the view from my relaxing wait on the beach.
A night out in Waikiki...
We stayed 4 days in Waikiki at the Marriott, and then we moved out to Marriott Ko Olina for a more relaxing environment the last 3 days. It was a about 40 minutes from Waikiki and a beautiful resort. It has its own lagoons, tons of swimming pools, and of course restaurants, shopping, and a golf course right on the resort. It would be the perfect place if we took the kids, you'd never have to leave.
Our last activity was to go kayaking in Kailua. For some reason, I have always wanted to kayak. I would love to live by a nice lake or river where I could do it regularly. Well, it was a little scary out in the ocean. And it's safe to say Sam and I will never be going on the Amazing Race! We kayaked over to this place, called Flat Island.
Then we kayaked to Laniki Beach. It was the prettiest beach we saw throughout our trip. It had the softest sand I have ever felt. It was gorgeous, as you can see.
And then came check out day. We were gone a long time, so we were excited to see the kids, but it was also hard to leave such a nice, fun, relaxing, exciting vacation. It really was the perfect 10 year anniversary trip!

5 comments:
Looked like a great romantic vacation. Anniversary? Hawaii is beautiful!
In answer to your question about my pictures, it's all about the lens.
Oh man...your vacation looks AMAZING. We have been contemplating going to Hawaii for our 10 year too...and seeing all these pictures and what a wonderful time you had, seals the deal!!! :) You look so great Nat! Beautiful as always.
I am so jealous, but so happy you got to go to such a beautiful place for your 10 year anniversary! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time! You are right, the Temple is AMAZING! All of your pictures look so fake because of how beautiful they are! You look amazing too:) So glad you had a wonderful time! It is crazy to me that is has been 10 years...time just flies!
Yay! I'm so happy for you!
Oh, how I love Hawaii! Even though it's a little sad to not have the kids with you on a vacation like this, aren't you amazed at how much you can do? The marriott in Kona also is built so you never have to leave. It's right on the ocean and has all sorts of activities to do, even dolphins. I really need a vacation!!
Post a Comment