Monday, December 20, 2010

Jaxson's 1st Hunt

Hunting season is upon us! My dad has a lease in Ozona, TX, which was a 6 hour drive for them, but Jaxson had been looking forward to this hunt ever since they decided to go a few weeks back. As it got closer he asked me several times a day, how many hours till we go? So of course, the day before he was suppose to leave the school called me because he had a fever. I hurried him right in to the doctor and they confirmed he had strep throat. I was actually hoping that's what it would be so the doctor would give me an antibiotic and he would be tons better in 24 hours. It worked! He would be driving all day Friday, so he had 2 days of medicine before the activities started. He loved every second of it! Sam said the first day he and Jaxson were sitting in the stand together and several doe came to the feeder. As soon as Jaxson saw them he wanted to shoot them. He didn't understand why they would wait for anything else when there were a handful right there! On Sunday they finally saw a buck that was worth going after, and Sam shoot it. I was worried Jaxson would be bothered by the skinning and cleaning, but after one comment that it was "kinda freaky" he was good to go.

The Mighty Hunters









The big kill.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love Sam's hat. Like he's hunting in Australia. I'd take up hunting if I could do it in Australia.
Also impressed he took pictures for you. York would have NEVER. He acts like it's against some kind of man code to take pictures.

Shannon said...

Im so glad he got to go! He looks like he had a blast.