For playgroup a couple of Fridays ago a few of us went to Bayou Wildlife Park in Alvin. Somehow, though I lived 40 minutes from Alvin growing up, I did not know this place was here. It was said to be a place where you see the animals and ride on a tram to drive around and feed them. Sounded fun, Sydnee was looking forward to it. Boy was it an adventure!
When we first got there, Sydnee was scared of this deer. So here I am holding both babies while trying to keep the deer from walking off with my leg. This was in the beginning...
Above, is Sydnee with her cute friend Peyton Brooks. She has been to play at his house a couple of times, and just loves hanging out with him. She laughs at everything he says (yes, I might be in trouble!)
Below, the kids are waiting to go in the petting zoo area of the park.
I didn't catch the name of these big half deer half elk-looking things, but they were huge! They were one of the first animals we came to and they were a little scary.
Wow! I didn't realize how close they were going to come to us. And even more shocking, was how brave Sydnee was. When I saw all these animals heading our way, I thought she would be terrified for sure.
Again, this animal was huge! This is not a good ol' Texas longhorn because those horns are actually alive. I heard the lady say they have blood in them, and the animal could bleed to death if a horn got injured.
But I didn't hear much else because I was laughing so hard. These camels were overly friendly. They were so big it was scary how close they came.
It was just a small backwoods kind of place, but it was so fun! I think us moms enjoyed it more than the kids. We laughed the whole time and let out a few screams. I am definitely looking forward to taking the whole family sometime!



4 comments:
WOW! That looks like the coolest place! HOW FUN! Sydnee's face in the camel picture is priceless. :)
This would totally freak me out! I'm such a wimp!!!
How fun!! and I am so jealous that you all are in shorts!! We are already bundled from head to toe when we go out!!
Greg was in Houston over the weekend for a convention thing and he loved the weather...then had to come home to snow!!
This inspired a trip for us! DIdn't know it was there till I saw your blogs! The kids had a blast at it! Neat place!
Post a Comment