Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Six Months


Earlier this month my little Paige turned 6 months old. I suppose it is because she is our last baby, but I just don't want her to grow up! Recently I remembered I should be feeding her baby food and letting her practice drinking from a sippy cup. I'm not in a hurry for her to do all the "big kid" things. I love having a baby around! I love the way she smells. I love her big opened mouth smile that all our kids have had. I love that I can smother her in kisses, which I do several times a day, and she can't run away! I love watching her focus so hard on learning new things and accomplishing them. And of course, having a baby that is so wonderful has made it all that more enjoyable!
But, whether I like it or not, she's getting bigger. And that was proven at her doctor's appointment today. Her stats:

Height: 22.75 inches, 75th percentlie
Weight: 19.5 pounds, 90th percentile
Head: 17.6 inches, 90th percentlie

As always, we have a big, chubby baby! The most adorable little tub! And then there were the shots. I hate those things! I hate that they do it so slow... if they have 4 needles to jab her with, why can't they bring two nurses and get it done? The nurse today was especially slow. As soon as she injected the first immunization, Paige went into a silent cry... you know, when its so bad they aren't making any noise. And she stayed that way till all 4 were done and I could pick her up. It's agony for me to watch her as they poke her time and time again, waiting for it to stop, looking at me like how could I let them do such a thing. I'm so sorry my little Pay-Pay!
I figured all that would send Sydnee running from any shots, but here she is, fussing in the parking lot because she didn't get to get any "pokes."


Two in each leg. Three immunizations, and one flu shot.



Which equaled a really rough and miserable day for both of us...



Here are some other shots of my little sweetie at six months.








3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love her! She is the best baby. So funny that Sydnee cried for pokes...sibling rivalry!

Unknown said...

Poor baby! Those are rough times. Afterwards I would always think "Thank goodness we don't have to do that again for a while." Hilarious story about Sydnee though! Awesome that you capture these things this way!

~Luci

Shannon said...

I just love that Sydney cried...that is so Maycee! So I get it! Paige is so pretty, what a cute little chub :)