We had a few worries because Sydnee's heart rate would drop really low each time I had a contraction, so I had to wear an oxygen mask to help her, but the nurse just kept an eye on it and it was okay. So at 10:42 she came to us healthy and screaming! :)
I stayed my two nights in the hospital and enjoyed the quiet and rest that I couldn't have gotten at home. Every since the kids first met her, they have been very excited and want to hold her constantly, especially Shaye. So Sam and I are trying to find a balance in letting them help, and giving Sydnee some peace.
I am feeling pretty good. I just have to relearn a few things: how to function without sleep, how to do everything (like type this) with one hand, and how to prepare for a day without a shower!
Thank you to all our family and friends who have sent us your well wishes. Here are a few of my favorite pictures, but I have attached all of them from the first 3 days in the slideshow. And of course, there will be many more coming.

11 comments:
Congrats to you all and welcome baby Sydnee! So sorry bout the allergic spell Natalie...sounds rough, but you're a fighter! Can't wait to meet her! Thought about you guys yesterday while at the jiffy lube next to chuck-e-cheeses...good times. luvs from all of us!
Congratulations!! That is SO exciting. How fun to see Shaye & Jaxson so excited. She is so beautiful. Glad everything went well for you!!
Congrats! she is a cutie and I think a good mix of both you and Sam. You can tell how much Shaye & Jaxson love her...so cute. Ty wants to crawl all over me when I am nursing Tag...he wants "baby". The side effects of the spinal block make you itch too, so I really feel your pain...it lasted about a day and I was so happy when it was gone. good luck adjusting to 3! How much did she weigh?
She is a really cute newborn! How exciting and man your labor was short so that's nice. I have that same problem with epidurals as soon as it starts to wear off I get really itchy up and down my back so yeah, that's no fun. But I'm glad everything went well. Good luck adjusting to everything!
She is a really cute newborn! How exciting and man your labor was short so that's nice. I have that same problem with epidurals as soon as it starts to wear off I get really itchy up and down my back so yeah, that's no fun. But I'm glad everything went well. Good luck adjusting to everything!
Congrats!! She is beautiful!! I love her name too...Brooklyn was almost Sydnee!! good choice! :) Hope you are feeling great and trying to get lots of rest (ha ha!!). What a cute family you are!!
She is so cute, I loved all the pictures. Shaye and Jaxson are so cute with her. Good Luck!!!! How fun to have a tiny baby in the house! I can't believe how fast your labor went, you are so lucky. Enjoy her :)
Ohhh... she is so beautiful. I am so happy that everything is okay with her. That really is a drag about your reaction to the epidural!I love her name. Phoenix is already 4 months old and I can't believe how fast time goes.
Shaye and Jaxson look so proud to be near Sydnee. How cute! Congrats and I'm glad everything went well for you guys.
Sydnee is adorable! Congrats! You guys are just some wonderful baby making machines! Love seeing your blog and how much Shaye has grown. She is gorgeous and I am sure she is excited to have a sister along with her brother :).
Hope your recovery goes well and I will hope and pray you get some rest!!
Joy Stallard
It sounds like everything went really well. Congratulations. She is beautiful, and you look awesome! Try not to loose too much sleep!
Post a Comment