Thursday, January 24, 2008

Girl Power!

Well, we found out on Tuesday, we are having a girl! Originally, I was hoping for a boy just so he could be close in age to Jaxson and they could share a room and so forth... but we are just as excited this way too! Shaye went with us to the ultrasound and was hoping for a sister, so she got her wish. When we came home and told Jaxson we were having a girl he said, "I'm having a boy!" Still, three days later, he will tell you "mommy is having a girl, and I am having a boy!" Last night at dinner, he explained to me that "sometimes he just doesn't like girls." :-)
Now the daunting task of choosing a name!

11 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

Congrats, Nat! I'm excited for you guys and am crying for Jaxson. Poor guy, sandwiched between two beautiful sisters.

Kate said...

I am so happy for you! I think I am having a girl but that is just my instinct. Hopefully it is right b/c I don't want Ashlyn to be sandwiched in between two boys. Plus, everyone in my ward here is having a girl through June except one lady who waits to deliver to find out what she is having. So far our ward is on the girl bandwagon but we'll have to wait until Feb 22nd to find out. Hope your feeling good!!

Christiansen Clan said...

How exciting!!! We are happy for you all! Shaye will be a great big sister and Jaxson will make her a tough girl! Congrats!--Amy and Brian

west's said...

I thought for sure you were going to have another boy. That is so exciting. Congrats!! I bet Shaye is so excited.

Shallan said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! You know we have girl, boy, girl... and its' great!! This little girl will be well-rounded... tough yet gentle! She has two great siblings that will teach her lots!

Anonymous said...

WAHOO GIRLS RULE!!!!!!!!! Jaxson is going to be so spoiled by all his cute sisters :) I am so excited for you. I love the pink blog

Melinda H. said...

Congratulations! What exciting news. And why haven't you posted this great news on the family website? I am sure that I voted for a boy. It is going to be so fun to see who she looks more like...Shea or Jaxson. How fun!

katrina berg said...

congrats you guys! sorry jaxson, you can come play with our boys ANYTIME :)

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

Hey guys,

Congrats on the news of a new baby girl. We are really excited for you guys. We have pretty much decided to name our little guy Phoenix. His original due date isn't until Feb. 22 but they are inducing me on Valentine's day but according to my last visit, I can go any day.

Jensen Family said...

That is exciting! I just had to laugh at what Jaxson said! That was way too cute! Good luck on choosing a name!

Anonymous said...

I love that you are counting down your time left - even to the minute. Have you thought of any girl names yet? Good luck, that's always a little tough I think. So many cute ones out there to choose from and then you have to agree with it. P.S. Love the snow baby, it's cute!